Saturday, March 2, 2019

Barbara Dennerlein, World of Culture

World of Culture

The series kulturWelt (World of Culture) in Radio Bayern 2 regularly features new releases on the music market. In February, there was a feature for the new CD of Barbara Dennerlein "Best Of Blues: Through The Years". In the interview, the musician says: "Blues feeling is not only in the blues. So, without blues, the music is - I think - unthinkable. Blues is an attitude to life. That's deeply anchored in me.


In my life, the most important for me was always my Freedom, especially, never to get told what I have to play." Since the founding of their record label "Bebab Records" at the beginning of her career, a lot of blues songs have come together. In the male-dominated jazz scene, Barbara Dennerlein has perseveringly and, as she emphasizes, with her Bavarian obstinacy, earned considerable reputation.

"By now it's been 33 years of Bebab Records, and I thought I might as well put together a retrospective of that time to this day, a reminiscence of the blues and the whole story of my life, and I've put together blues recordings in different line-ups." But most convincing, says the author of Bayern 2, she was all alone on the Hammond: "When she celebrates her "Frog Dance", she mumbles and grumbles through almost all registers and sounds like the latest piece of contemporary master music, although she simply "just" playing the blues - fascinating!"

0 Comments: