Wednesday, April 18, 2018

letter from Ben J. Michaels

Hi Claudio,

South American singing is not about showing off your instrument, your technique, it’s about singing the damn song,”  says Uruguayan-born singer-songwriter Valeria Matzner . “I don’t want to show I have a pretty voice. I want to tell a story.”

Matzner walked into the studio with a book full of ideas. But she had no idea what final shape they would take. “Twenty minutes before the recording session, I announced that I had an idea and want to work on it. Our engineer was so patient with me. I wanted it to be very soft and tender.

Matzner went in and nailed it, crafting the tender ballad “Amor y Soledad.” The track channels vulnerable sway and intimate appeal of Anima (release: May 16, 2018), Matzner’s first solo album and first recording after immigrating to Canada and diving into jazz. The Montevideo native explores the softer side of her musical soul, filtered through a firm commitment to songwriting and a new-found perspective on her South American past.

Check out the tracks and read her story on our full press release by clicking the link below. And please let me know if I can send you a CD for review or arrange an interview!

http://valeriamatzner.rockpaperscissors.biz/dispatch/pu/24235Thanks,
Benji


Ben J. Michaels, Publicist

0 Comments: