Monday, October 9, 2017

The Late Set, Hilary Gardner

I'm thrilled to announce that The Late Set, my new album with the great pianist Ehud Asherie, is now available for pre-order! The album will be released on Anzic Records on October 27, and in the meantime, there's lots of exciting news to share.

Our CD release show will be at Mezzrow on Wednesday, October 25. Tickets are already going fast, so please reserve now. Ehud and I would love to see you there! 

You can also catch us on the air at WBGO on Sunday, October 22. We'll join the erudite and witty Michael Bourne for some conversation and music on his fabulous show, Singers Unlimited. Tune in at 88.3 FM or you can live-stream on the WBGO website.

I've got a number of fun gigs this month, including my debut with the Mike Sailors nonet tomorrow night (Sept. 30) at the Django. Then, on October 5, I'll join my dear friend Amy Cervini for a tune or two at her birthday show at 55 bar (it's rumored DUCHESS will be in the house, too. Don't miss it!).

I'm honored to be singing a fun Eddie Durham arrangement with the Juilliard Jazz Orchestra on 10/12. On October 26, DUCHESS will take the stage at Joe's Pub for a star-studded celebration of the Breithaupt Brothers Songbook. Finally, I'll be singing a tune for the Frank Perowsky Jazz Orchestra's CD release at Birdland on October 29. Whew!

It's so good to be back on the scene! Please visit hilarygardner.com for a complete gig schedule and all the latest news. Hope to see you at a show very soon!

Love, Hilary

0 Comments: