Monday, June 26, 2017

from #CynthiaSayer

Happy Summer!  It's been a while since I've written, but I wanted to be sure to let you know about some upcoming gigs:        
 
Tonight with Woody Allen at the Cafe Carlyle, NYC, 8:45pm
A last-minute heads up that tonight I'll be on piano, not banjo, with Woody Allen’s jazz band. I was in the band for 10+ years but it's been ages since I last played with them…. looking forward to it! 
 
Sat, July 1:  Rochester Jazz Festival 
Next Sat eve I’ll be performing at the Rochester Jazz Festival, with ace reed player and Diva member Alexa Tarantino, and top string bassist and Eastman School of Music Jazz Studies chair  Jeff Campbell.
 
Sun, July 2:  Workshop – Bernunzio’s in Rochester, NY @ Noon
If you play a fretted instrument and enjoy playing  – or aspire to play -- trad jazz/hot swing, come and join us at Bernunzio’s!!  This workshop is open to all levels, so if you strum or pick, I’d love to work with you!  Sign up online.
 
Wed, July 5:  FREE concert, Dobb’s Ferry, NY @ 6:30pm
With my Joyride Quartet: yours truly + Dennis Lichtman on clarinet/violin, Mike Weatherly on string bass/vocals, Larry Eagle on drums.  If it rains, we’ll move indoors to Hudson Social. 

Sat, July 22:  FREE concert, NYC Riverside Park Tennis Lawn, W 97thSt @ 7:00pm 
Bring a picnic blanket/lawn chair and watch the sunset while listening! 
With my Joyride Quartet: yours truly + Dennis Lichtman on clarinet/violin, Mike Weatherly on string bass/vocals, Larry Eagle on drums. 
 
Sun, July 30 – Museum Of Making Music concert, Carlsbad, CA @ 2:00pm
Hope to see you at my Hot Jazz Trio’s matinee concert in beautiful Carlsbad!  I’m looking forward to playing again with former New Yorker Dan Barrett on trombone, and renowned string bassist Dave Stone (along with his amazing jazz creds, you’ve heard him on countless feature films and tv shows).

NOTE: Date change!
My lecture/performance at Lincoln Center's Jazz Academy, "America's Unlikely Jazz Instrument: The 4-String Banjo" has been changed from Aug 7 to Sept 19 -- it's at 7:00pm and FREE -- mark your calendars! 

Warm wishes,
-Cynthia

0 Comments: