Tuesday, December 29, 2015

From Jazz At Lincoln Center

Dear friend, 
Like you, jazz (and blues) is an important part of my life. For me, it started with Les Paul, my godfather, who taught me my first chords at five years of age, and set me on a path in the music that has taken me to places I couldn’t have imagined. Recently, the journey took a wonderful turn as I learned I would join the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 2016 class. It is humbling to be there with many of my heroes, people I knew and loved, incredible artists like T-Bone Walker, Jimmy Reed, and Howlin’ Wolf. 
I joined the Board of Jazz at Lincoln Center because I believe the work this organization does across performance, education, and advocacy is musically, culturally, and socially important. I hope you’ll join me and support Jazz at Lincoln Center, too. Wynton Marsalis and I are working on a set of blues and American root music initiatives and we’re excited to bring them into the world over the next several years. Stay tuned for more! You can get a taste of it this April, when I present special concerts in The Appel Room and Rose Theater. And, mark your calendars for the webcast, if you can’t come in person! 
As a director and also as an artist and musician, I want to thank you personally for supporting our organization, catching our concerts at The House of Swing or through our webcasts, and being part of our many education programs. Your support makes our important work possible. Quite literally, we can’t do it without you. 
As 2015 draws to a close, I hope you will join me and make a year-end gift to JALC, to help us do what we do. Please make a fully tax-deductible contribution at www.jazz.org/donate
Best wishes for a warm, swinging, soulful New Year.
Steve Miller

0 Comments: