Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Armando's ....

Photo: www.youtube.com

Playing for the door ain't easy, Claudio!      

That's why I need your help spreading the word about an innovative little show I'm doing on Friday at Armando's in Martinez with my fabulous band, BOCA MUNDIAL. I'm not sure who signed this contract -- oh right, I did -- but hey the risk is all on the bandleader (me) this Friday so I'd appreciate any sharing you can do of this email. Regardless of how many show up to this intimate club (capacity 65) that has earned rave reviews among jazz fans, I am thrilled to perform new arrangements and new tunes. Sam Bevan will be there on bass (he also arranged much of the show), Jonathan Alford on keys, Colin Douglas on drumset... and a special guest, my new label mate Jet Murcielago, will be there too.

You heard right: The record label I founded 10 years ago, Crazy Monkey Productions (CMP), has signed a new artist! You and I will get to know more about Jet very soon. Though truth be told, as incredibly low maintenance as I am (I can build a small shelter out of sticks, start fire with an Indian drill and kill small animals with my bare hands before sauteing them) it can be difficult working with another singer (male, female or trans) on a label. What if she's a diva? Demanding? Your usual precious new empty ingenue scatting cryogenic promises to whiskered misters and dusty old Downbeat sifters?*

Well, the good news is that as far as I can tell, Jet is none of these. First of all it's quite possible she's ancient, which is reassuring. I mean in an ageless way. You wouldn't know it from her skin. Also she has a cardiocortical cross-dimensionality caused by a warping of continuity in the temporal fabric that binds the atoms we all time-share in this universe. So there is a big question mark around her, in my book. I know it may appear unprofessional to put this all out there. I'm just saying, she's a wild card, and this could really blow up in CMP's face.

All this means that Friday's tiny, inconsequential show, could in fact turn out to be a historic blip only the hip will trip to.

Please come out.

Siempre inventando,

Alexa

P.S. Really, if you can't come to Martinez Friday evening, I understand completely, so share the email and your good deed is done.



Quinta, Setembro 17, 2015
Sexta, Setembro 18, 2015
Sábado, Setembro 19, 2015
Segunda, Setembro 21, 2015
Quinta, Setembro 24, 2015
Sexta, Setembro 25, 2015
Sábado, Setembro 26, 2015

0 Comments: