Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Tides of Life

The Tides of Life
Friday, 15 August 2014
I am excited and grateful to be able to announce the release of my third album! „The Tides of Life“ will be published on the 31st of October by the wonderful Munich-based label ENJA. I am presenting a thematic cycle of six pieces of music. The titles describe six emotional conditions in opposition to each other. In their order, just like ebb and flow, they insinuate a familiar dramaturgy and in this case tacitly suggest optimism. Failure, Desperation, Rage, Calm, Hope, Triumph.
I love the quintets of the 1960s. Records like Miles' „Nefertiti“ or Herbie Hancock's „Maiden Voyage“ have elevated my understanding of music in a most powerful and important way. It was that period of Jazz that opened my ears for the large universe of music this world provides. While I have experimented much in style throughout the past years, I wanted to refer to my favorite epoque in Jazz history with this, my third record.


When I work to make my sonic ideas audible to the rest of the world, I look for individuals who understand my composition and who understand how to explore it as improvisers. This recording features the masterful improvisation of Rich Perry on tenor saxophone, Victor Gould on piano, Anthony Pinciotti on drums and Gordon Au on trumpet.

read more: http://holgerscheidt.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=87%3Athe-tides-of-life&catid=37%3Anews&Itemid=1

0 Comments: