Wednesday, September 24, 2014

All For You My Heart and Soul - Lauren Hooker & Friends



Well, everything is recorded and mixed! Blessed with a fan coming through with the money to hire the musicians and rent the studio space, I have been able to record 14 tracks - 11 of them my original compositions with world renowned musicians guitarist Paul Meyers, bassist/cellist Mike Richmond, violinist/guitarist Dave Rimelis, drummer Vince Ector, percussionist Joe Cardello, pianist Ted Brancato and even a tap dancer Jonathan Luks with me on piano (on most tracks) and me singin my heart out on all of them except for a surprise track with me on my Native Flute and Drum! 

The CD is like a sound track of my life - a very personal project. The first song and title track "All For You" written originally for a former love - is  dedicated to all the wonderful friendships I have - lovers may come and go - but friends "true" friends are a forever - so "this one's for you" For all of you!~ The next three songs are about me "being in love" - the next three about falling "out of love" with my heart breaking - only to find a renewed sense of "love for myself" - and delving into "my soul" - my past - my inner self - only to find a renewed sense of self!  One of my goals with this cd is to do programs in therapeutic environments.  My hope is that through openly sharing my story via music and dialogue, it will act as a source of strength to others in need.
read more: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/823517808/cd-all-for-you-my-heart-and-soul-lauren-hooker-and

0 Comments: