Sunday, April 28, 2013

Marlene VerPlanck ....

It's always a series of many decisions when starting a new recording. Songs, musicians, studio, what to sing, who to use, and which studio. I was looking around our music room and found 7 arrangements Billy did on Cy Coleman songs. Pefect! How could I not include Cy Coleman, a singer's dream. Not to mention the thrill of singing seven more of Billy's arrangements.

Then after sorting some music I came across the Harry Warren Songbook. That was easy! I chose four more. Now it was time for a few favorites and I chose, Ivan Linz' and Paul Williams, Love Dance, Ronny Whyte's, Listen to The Piano Man and an original by Billy VerPlanck and Leon Nock. Exquisite!

The rest was easy, I called on some old friends, Houston Person, Claudio Roditi, Mike Renzi,Jay Leonhart, Tedd Firth, Ron Vincent, Boots Maleson, and we went to work in a nice little studio in NJ with our engineer, Dave Kowalski.

Hopefully, you are listening to your copy and enjoying it as much as I enjoyed recording it.

0 Comments: