Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sean Lennon And Yoko Ono: DNA Memory....

Sean Lennon recently sat down with his mother, Yoko Ono — not to talk about John Lennon or The Beatles, but to talk about her life. "I was born from my mother, who is a Yasuda, and my father, who is an Ono," Ono says. Photo: StoryCorps

But Ono was essentially disowned from the latter family because of "having a very kind of outlandish life," she says. The Ono family was very conservative. "Yeah, well, you know, my father was a banker, but he was an independent spirit," Ono says. "He was a very good pianist and very much into music."

But Yoko Ono learned from a piano teacher, because she was born when her father was banking in San Francisco. She says she didn't meet her father until she was 2. "It was big. And the time that I met him, my mother and my father were kissing, and I looked like this, like, 'Well, maybe he's going to kiss me too,' " Ono says with a laugh.

"She must have been so lonely," Sean Lennon says.
Listen on: http://www.npr.org/2010/11/24/131566214/sean-lennon-and-yoko-ono-dna-memory

Complete om  >>  http://www.npr.org/2010/11/24/131566214/sean-lennon-and-yoko-ono-dna-memory?sc=nl&cc=mn-20101128

0 Comments: