Saturday, August 28, 2010

Came to New York, in January '94 after a 6 month stay in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

I came to New York, in January '94 after a 6 month stay in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. I can't say I never looked back, fact is I looked back once, and realized I can't leave NYC. Now on my 14th year, I make a living playing Jazz, if nothing else happens in my life I will die a happy man. I get to play with some of the badest cats on the planet, Harry Whitaker, Hassan Shakur/J.J. Wiggins, Tada Unno, Joe Cohn, Tommy James, Kengo Nakamura, Frank Senior, Satoshi Inoue, Saul Rubin, Bob Mover, Eric Alexander and the extraordinary vocalists Michelle Walker & Jenn Jade Ledesna.

My latest projects brought me back to playing Brazilian music, with guitarist and singer Daniele Ferretti. But most of all, I get better every day. I am 40 now and I play better today than I did yesterday and alot better than a year ago. I get exited just thinking about how well I'll be playing when I'm 45, not mention 50 and 60. Swing baby just keep swinging baby. My latest CD "IT'S ABOUT TIME" is available at CDBABY.

Influences
I have been influenced by everybody I have ever heard, however the top 5, in terms of what comes through in my playing and cats who got me on the right track, are: Philly Joe, Elvin, Billy Higgins, Ed Blackwell and now more than ever before and at that a little more every day: Papa Joe Jones - Hands Down

Program
31 Aug 2010 19:30
Miles' cafe New York, NY
4 Sep 2010 20:00
Kingston Jazz festival Kingstong, NY
8 Sep 2010 17:00
Trump Pavilion jamiaca, NY
26 Sep 2010 15:00
Huset Cph, DENMARK
27 Sep 2010 20:00
Blågårds Apotek Copenhagen N, Copenhagen, DENMARK
10 Nov 2010 17:00
Trump Pavilion jamiaca, NY

More on: http://www.myspace.com/jacobmelchior#ixzz0xuPdMb1G


Jamhunters Live Jazz at Smalls in NYC

Ricardo Rodriguez Bassist | Vídeos de Música do MySpace

0 Comments: