Sunday, February 28, 2010

Suzanne Cerny has been painting and exhibiting....

"Self Portrait" by Suzanne Cerny
Suzanne Cerny has been painting and exhibiting as well as creating public murals for over 30 years. Her work is in private collections in the U.S. and abroad.
Suzanne enjoys sketching portraits of jazz musicians in live performance at night clubs. She calls this activity "Drawing in the Dark". Other works are painted in studio from her own photos and historic photos when possible. She loves to listen to jazz CD's and jazz radio when painting. She says that "the music just flows through me and is a healing force. The level of concentration and creativity on the part of the jazz musicians makes me do my best work."

She attended the High School of Music and Art in the late 1950's which was located just north of Harlem. Suzanne later studied fine art and design at The Cooper Union in New York City. She began an adventure seeing this country, river kayaking with a friend and living for several years in the Yukon Territory, Canada. She says she practised wilderness living as a life study. She designed a mural in wood relief in the Whitehorse City Hall depicting the history of the Klondike. She moved to San Francisco in 1968 and married and raised two wonderful children with Edward Cerny, a writer influenced by Henry Miller and the beat generation poets. Suzanne recently returned to live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Charcoals of jazz musicians sketched in live performance from the "collection" are now available in small size laser prints especially for JJM. These are little jewels done live during the most wonderful performances in a club that was rarely crowded but had the most heartfelt jazz music. All prints are hand signed.
www.suzannecerny.com
http://www.jerryjazzmusician.com/mainHTML.cfm?page=cerny.html

1 Comment:

SuzanneCerny, ArtForTheSoul said...

Wow Claudio! (this will be in English)! I am impressed with seeing myself right in the middle of your blogspot. Can't wait to tell my friends about it. I visited Brazil in 2004 - your winter. I was invited to live with a family and learn digital painting from two great artists in the southern part of Brazil. And so that is how I managed to have a year of art experience with jazz.com three years later in the U.S. I didn't learn any Portuguese but I managed to get by with translators, and one of the friends (who I met online) spoke Spanish and English. Yes, it was a great month, it's a great country and I love the people! Beautiful country, beautiful people, very cultural. I went to a concert and also the main museum. I am aware of Brazil's continuing progress in many areas. Suzanne