Friday, April 17, 2009

Barry Mosley....


I started playing trombone and piano at age 12. After hearing a Bob Brookmeyer album I made the valve trombone my instrument. I studied in the California Bay Area playing in the band of HERB PATNOE. It was at this time I had the honor to play with the great CHET BAKER by his invitation. This was a great experience for me because he was my first influence and still my favorite trumpet player. In the last few years I have been living in Los Angeles, playing in some of the major Jazz clubs here with my " Cool Jazz Trio " , including a one and a half year steady gig at the famous Vitello's resturant in Studio City. I have two CD's on the market with some radio play in the USA and Europe. Im looking to expand my preformances to Europe and Japan.
PRESS STATEMENT " Barry Mosley is one of the leading valve trombone players on the Jazz scene today. His rustic warm tone and lyrical style is uniquely his, though his playing shows a great respect for the masters of the valve trombone that have come before him. Masters such as Bob Brookmeyer and Rob McConnell. Barry continues in this rich tradition while having found his own lyrical voice on this wonderful instrument. " article by TIM PADILLA - co founder NewFoundRecords

Currently living in Studio City and working with my COOL JAZZ TRIO. Recently released albums: SPEAK SOFTLY and JAZZ TIME now available at www.barrymosley.com
www.myspace.com

0 Comments: